Find More Posts by demondriver
Up-Out-&-Gone
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Mar 2007
17,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LedKitty View Post
Thanks Demon!

Yeah, there aren't many women in RC, and most of the ones I know tend to be pilots of 1:1 scale birds as well. I would have been were it not for pesky Type1 diabetes complicating things, but there you have it. I had an ex gf that I *almost* got into ornithopters (she preferred those over fixed wing birds), but never quite got around to it.

You'll have far more luck with gearheads, geeks and tinkerers. Luckily us geeks seem to be on the rise. What's that saying again? "The geeks shall inherit the Earth" or something?

At any rate, keep pushing, maybe try an old GWS pico TM if you can find one. The definitive word from anyone who has seen mine fly is "lovely" If you're going to turn anyone onto RC flying (and repairs, gluing things back together, etc) it's going to be with one of those.

Alas, real life keeps getting in the way of my hobbies, so not a heck of a lot of progress, but I keep playing my "slow and steady" wins the race card, possibly stretching this to ridiculous extents!

Cheers!

Kitty

p.s. I need to go peek at David's thread to see how his lovely Rufe is coming along!

Thanks for your advice Kitty. . . .I will show Shannon your work & your cool website with your hot little female pilots . . .ill try and shannon to buy some.
demondriver is offline Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member