View Single Post
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:18 AM
Find More Posts by Daytonarc
United States, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Sep 2012
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Sorry, I missed that earlier. I didn't realize you were using a 5e, so you don't have a file capability.

What happens in normal operation when you pull the trainer switch? You said it changes the position of the throttle servo when you're binding.

Also, try releasing the switch shortly after tx powering up, not waiting until the end.

Andy

WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS READ THE MANUAL.
Page 10 of the DX5e manual states "Continuing to hold the trainer switch during
the binding process will prevent the preset smartsafe
position from being learned by the receiver"

page 11 of DX4e manual states CAUTION: "Continuing to hold the trainer button during the binding
process prevents preset failsafe positions from being learned by the receiver."

Since this particular plane requires the throttle servo to be reversed due to layout of servos and linkages, the reciever appears to be reverting to default failsafe (ie throttle servo not reversed)

I am not with the plane right now but will check this evening. I am sure that this is the problem, not releasing trainer switch in time. This was driving me crazy I was specifically using DX5e and verifying with DX4e transmitters because they are pretty simple with no chances of erroneous programming settings. Thanks for all of your time and effort to straighten this out Andy even though it appears that this was probably pilot error. After I verify that the rx is working properly I will post a final confirmation.

Spektrum/Horizon Hobby customer support is second to none!
Daytonarc is offline Find More Posts by Daytonarc