Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:09 AM
Find More Posts by Jumpy07
Always learning..
United Kingdom
Joined Aug 2012
456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaySuave View Post
I got the APM2.5 board today and currently deciding on exactly how to hook up the crius extend board to the APM2.5 board. Before I start cutting the connector harness, I would like a suggestion on which APM2.5 port should I use to power the extend board, since the GPS port or the 3DR port will provide +5V?

Also, I have an xbee adapter like the one in the picture, should I just use the adapter to connect to the 3DR port instead of combining the two ports into one plug for the extend board?
The Crius extend board uses the cable from the S1, S2 and S3, the GPS is on the S2 port, the Xbee pins use the S3 Port.

The APM 2.5 has one telemetry port, one GPS port.. there are other I/O ports but haven't used them.

So the cable will need to connect S3 from the extend board to the Telemetry port on APM.... and S2 on the extend board to the GPS Port on the APM.

Both ports have 5V supply.. so either one will be fine. (Xbee tends to use 3.3v which is supplied by the regulator on the Crius Extend board btw).
Jumpy07 is online now Find More Posts by Jumpy07