View Single Post
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:45 AM
Find More Posts by Michael Heer
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
10,154 Posts
To PeterLonz:
I am writing to respond to your comments. On the issue of price I posted the price for both the Tx-R version and RTF in the information box at the start of the review. As for Global availability I am not privy to that information. I do not work for Hobbico and I don't know how expansive their network is. I am an independent, unpaid reviewer who tries to share my honest opinions on the products I review.
Value for money is an opinion that I often leave up to the individual reader. To some pilots only warbirds have value and they have no interest and to them no value in anything else. I generally convey enough of my opinions in the review to convey my impressions on the quality and handling of the plane. Here I described the quality of the design, the appearance, the planes control and handling etc. I think the Tx-R version I reviewed is a very good value for the money. (I am currently reviewing the new Select Scale Beaver which will be submitted to our editor later today. I do find and state it to be an excellent value because the plane flies very well, has a number of nice scale and design features and comes with both wheels and floats. I also find it to be a plane a beginner can fly using the wheels.)
Control rates could be further reduced both mechanically and by computer transmitter programming. That is something anyone can do with almost all aircraft and I didn't feel it was something that needs to be discussed. I have more pilots requesting more control rather then less and so I do discuss how to get more throw in some reviews. My belief is that beginners should be able to fly the plane as sold. I believe this is an excellent plane for the intermediate or better pilot but with the many good trainers on the market this is not a good first plane for a Beginner. I hope that responds to your comments. Best wishes for good flying. Mike Heer
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member