View Single Post
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:25 PM
Find More Posts by flint723
United States, ND, Bismarck
Joined Mar 2012
310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
MSH is a pretty good company. Hopefully you got the Carbon fiber frame? The plastic is lighter i think but it's also a train wreck in a crash. Full rebuild each time is likely. Limited support and availability too, like almost all the "good" heli brands.

Yeah, i'm very skeptical of the firmware. Especially since it's 3rd party. Maybe in another 6 months to a year. But, i would bet that Walkera makes another format change, releasing a new line of TX somewhere around this time. If they don't directly change the firmware on their new devo radios/rx to interfere with the 3rd party firmware first, that is. Which i wouldn't doubt. After all, i'm sure the 3rd party firmware is hacked and not authorized. Meaning Walkera probably didn't just hand them the source code and say "Have fun not spending money on our RXs anymore!"

I've heard Alzrc is a good heli (even if i don't know how to pronounce that crazy word).. I'm pretty sure the guy at my LHS used to fly a Gaui X5, but now he flies one of those. It must be a pretty good heli.
No it's the plastic one... the deal was too good to pass up. Between msh-direct and readyheli I think I'm pretty much covered for parts. But it has been a while since I've crashed anything but the v120. The v120d02s is my "try out new things" heli, even though it feels kind of sloppy in the sky now compared to my 450's. But I agree with you that flying something with bad gyros makes you a better pilot. That's why I decided to go for the ar7200bx though, just to try to eliminate bad fbl controllers as a crash cause.

Alzrc seems all right. Based on the kit I bought, overall I rate them under Tarot for quality. I did a short build log on my blog if you want to check it out. I did like Alzrc's dfc head initially, but now after only about 15 or so flights, it seems to be developing some play in the grips. Maybe that's normal, but my Tarot dfc head is still tight after 100+ flights and 2 crashes that bent feathering shafts. I have the new tarot cf tail box with thrusted tail grips on the way so I hope it's the same quality as their dfc head.
flint723 is offline Find More Posts by flint723