Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:14 PM
Find More Posts by gtrbaby
New Zealand, Waikato, Hamilton
Joined Jul 2011
1,058 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution Fibre View Post
Hi all,
Thanks for the discussions above. I'll try and answer the questions as best I can.

Xantulayr has been specifically designed for carbon fibre composite reinforcement. It is a veil, at about 1.5gsm (can vary depending on the product you choose), and is designed to tougthen resins and other supporting adhesives to protect from delamination and impact resistance. Nanofibre sheets are increasingly being used in areas where weight and size prevents the use of more supporting fibre like carbon or kevlar.

Most of our testing has been on thick laminates (16 ply and above) yet we have seen the best results in thin-ply structures where weight and size is an issue. RC Gliders (and the like) are a good fit as Xantulayr offers reinforcement with virtually no weight increase. We have seen applicable results in impact resistance and flexural strength (ideal for wings we believe), as well as toughening resins and adhesives against micro-cracks from repeated impact.

You can find information on our testing with fishing rods (an example of use in thin-ply composites like RC sports equipment) here: http://revolutionfibres.com/wordpress/?p=778. To the right of the screen youll see the Xantulayr product brochure for download.

Based on the results weve seen, the best material in your sector would be AP1500which retails at NZ $26m (NZ dollar = 0.817 US dollars). We sell the material in 100m rolls.

Cheers,
Iain
Iain. 100m2 rolls? thats pretty serious size wise? I'm in Hamilton and would like to try some of this stuff - but 2m2 would build me a complete model. are you able to send varying sizes/cut rolls etc?
Thansk
Wynn 07 850 8182
gtrbaby is offline Find More Posts by gtrbaby