View Single Post
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:35 PM
Find More Posts by WhalleyB0Y
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Jul 2011
960 Posts
Over in the Velocity/ EDFHobbies 2950kv motor thread other members have been referring to these motors as counterfeit Arc motors. It was also said that the "Real Deal" wouldn't be having problems such as mine do. While this may be the case a lot of other people have been having great success with these motors. At what point should I quit on these? And while I had all the best intentions of getting the good stuff, efflux rc has been out of stock on the "Real Deal" since May when I was first acquiring my parts and I can't find Arc anywhere else.

I called Jack @ edfhobbies and referred him to the video I made. He was also confused about what was causing the problem and had thought that maybe the thrust of the fan was pulling on the pigtails of the motor being how the esc was strapped to it. This seemed like a plausible idea because with the fan removed during the bench test, the motor had produced no sparks. I mentioned that perhaps the fan was pulling the entire rotor and causing internal friction. I also explained how one of the screws was stripped and now it would be difficult to remove the motor from the fan. I had offered to send the motor and fan back to him so that he can inspect it.

Now the problem is what to do with it now? He doesn't actually have any more of these motors in stock and had offered to exchange it with a Cyclone 2800's. He also doesn't have any more WeMo fans either and is hoping he doesn't need to replace mine. I told him I knew nothing about Cyclone motors and I wanted to do my research before committing to that offer. (Im using these in a twin setup and I really want the fans to match so I am not very keen on that idea.) Should I send both of them back and ask for a refund or should I wait on new stock to eventually come in? It would be nice to quit while I am ahead but I really I am not.

I am so beeping frustrated with this whole thing and I can't keep throwing money on the fire.
WhalleyB0Y is offline Find More Posts by WhalleyB0Y
Last edited by WhalleyB0Y; Nov 13, 2012 at 07:57 PM.