Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:25 PM
Find More Posts by choochoo22
Rick
United States, CA, Santa Clara
Joined Mar 2011
2,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Green View Post
entering 2D mode while the ailerons are simultaneously deflected by the radio programming. In this latter mode, the stabilizer can actually lower both ailerons simultaneously - as if trying to add camber to the wing. So - a climbing turn is out of the question, at least not without turning 2D heading hold to 0, as you mentioned.
That's odd, sounds like a bug. A left aileron command from the tx should cause Guardian to turn left, in 2D mode. Guardian can see no difference whether that command resulted from stick movement, trim, or programmed offset. More to the point, it shouldn't matter whether the command was present when 2D was switched on, or issued later.

I assume you have two aileron servos with one on the aux channel? I don't have any planes with this setup to try to replicate this, perhaps someone else can. You could try it with a Y on the aileron channel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Green View Post
Hmmm - I'm thinking that I need to raise and lower the Guardian in 2D mode without changing the pitch, and see if the Guardian does anything to the elevator as it moves up or down.
It should, it can't tell the difference. If its pitch changes it should move the elevator, whether the plane changed pitch or not. Are you thinking of mounting the Guardian on a servo?
choochoo22 is offline Find More Posts by choochoo22