View Single Post
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:21 PM
Find More Posts by DGrant
United States, CA, Clovis
Joined Mar 2004
3,538 Posts
Shortman.. I'd agree.. get ta buildin' man! haha.. really no hurries though.. you learned young.. its something that you can carry on for years with.. just enjoy life..

Heres a few pics I just couldn't resist shooting.. albeit it wasn't great sunshine.. I just wanted to see it in the outdoors... sometimes they take on a different look in the sun...

Heres a few of the top and bottom.. there will be some mild striping.. can't decide where exactly though.. been wrestling with placement for days.. geez.. I've just gotta get over this stinkin little fun-flyer ya know..

Still pretty pleased though... I've seen alot better.. but then again... it could be alot worse too.. good thing we won't be able to tell as it whizzez by at 150mph!.. haha.. probably more like 50mph.. or so.. The plane is specced with an OS.40LA(bushing engine)...

I was going to put an older Magnum.45 bearing(hot-rod)engine in it... I've recently ran across a pristine OS.46FXi for the whoppin price of "free".. so that was a great deal.. I think I'll try it... engines are very easily swapped in this plane though. The .46 should be an extreme powerhouse on this little 4.5lb plane, hopefully thats finished weight, in any case.. I definatley don't see it going over 5lb.. no way..
DGrant is online now Find More Posts by DGrant