Thread: Discussion Dynam grand cruiser
View Single Post
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:43 AM
Find More Posts by gchrisgo34
United States, GA, Jonesboro
Joined Nov 2010
1,663 Posts
maidened my GC the other day, and the first flight went well. second flight didnt. after a couple minutes into my second flight, the right motor started making some noise, and it just kept getting louder & louder. so i was trying to circle around for a landing, but apparently, those da#@ cheap spinners vibrated so bad that it broke the back of the plastic spinner, which caused a bad vibration, and it broke the right prop in flight before i could land. so i only had one engine, went to turn to land, and it spirraled into the ground from about 40 feet up. i was able to keep it flying straight, but it was going away from me, so i had to turn around. i was lucky though. i was flying above a paved parking lot, and it just happened to go down on a grass island. i was expecting a total mess, but when i got to it, there was very little damage, and it hit the ground hard, almost straight in. the tip of the nose is bent a bit, and one of the wings has a crack. and thats the only damage. this is a tough bird. and the CF mod, no doubt helped with limited damage. so after the maiden, my conclusion is, that it has ok stock power, but theres a lot of improvements can be made. its a bit swurly on take-offs. so some more weight in the front would help with that. it could use some more power, for my taste. which would also help put some more weight up front. also counter rotating props would help with ground handling. use 2 blade props for a bit more speed. this will help to get more air under the wings. ill post some pics later. i plan to go to 35-36 motors. so the motor firewall will have to be cut back to make room for the longer motors. but that will be easy with this plane.
gchrisgo34 is offline Find More Posts by gchrisgo34