Thread: Discussion Alter control surface
View Single Post
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:12 PM
Find More Posts by Leroy G
Leroy G.
Coeur d' alene, Id.
Joined Jan 2010
915 Posts
BMathtthews, tip stall is what you were talking about in reguards to ailerons and stalls, need to use the rudder and most of that can be prevented.

Beaitiful P-38 and yes I can see what your talking about. I've seen them on the real plane but never knew what they were for, I don't recall seeing them on any sport planes but I'm learning something new today. Like said, I have'nt had flutter problems with my planes but suppose some air foils could lead to it even with a tight control fit. Always something to learn, one of the reasons I ask questions. I'm always greatfull for those of you who have the answers.

Thank you Leroy

Oh, Ken I'll check that out and Earl you always have something to offer. Really don't know what I and other guys would do without you

While I'm in the learning mode could you guys elaborate some on wing tip spoilers, what they do and if they are helpfull on a Tiger 60 type plane. Are they applied in such a way that the trailing edge is the same on both sides of wing or just upper.

As a one time airframe and engine mechanic, private license flier and now RC plane builder just baffles me at how little I know about air flow. We really never got into it much and those old airplanes I worked on and flew some 50 plus years back were nothing like these of today. Besides all that they were alot easier to fly from a seat than from the ground, a learning curve here also. Some of you may be in the same boat with me. Thanks for all the help I get here, Leroy
Leroy G is offline Find More Posts by Leroy G
Last edited by Leroy G; Nov 13, 2012 at 02:17 PM.