Thread: Question Foamie to balsa
View Single Post
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:40 PM
Find More Posts by Bloosee
SoCal fair weather flyer
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2012
3,606 Posts
Foamy to balsa, the main thing is you can't go from the really light weight ones to balsa, the small profile planes are deceiving, you think you can fly but the truth is those planes are super easy to huck around. I spent a lot of time on the heavier Techone planes before getting my Buck Huck. Even then I found the buck huck a real handful, it was not easy. After 150 flights on it I'm still surprised how responsive it is and how quick. I just built a Telink 44 inch Extra Slick, spec wise its close to the 41 inch Edge but I can do all sorts of things with that plane that I wouldn't even attempt with the balsa. I love the 3DHS Edge, but as mentioned earlier it is a little beast, small and quick. I'm currently building a 3DHS Extra SHP, I wanted something a little tamer and stable.

If you are decent at building, I would highly recommend one of the Telink planes as a balsa transition, they fly awesome. They are not cheap though, but they are very durable so it should last a LONG time.

Everyone is different, and everyone has differing amounts of time to spend flying, and some people have a certain amount of natural ability, Hone1er seems to have progressed at an incredible pace. I fly with a heli guy that after 2 years he 3D's the hell out of his TREX 700, truly unbelievable.
Bloosee is offline Find More Posts by Bloosee