Thread: Discussion DC Area FPV
View Single Post
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:09 PM
Find More Posts by pthompson24
Sterling, VA, USA
Joined Aug 2007
537 Posts
Hi John,

They picked that park based on the suggestion of one of the members. They didn't have any special permission but the suggesting member said he had never gotten hassled for flying there and he was right, we didn't have any problems other than the high winds! I wasn't real happy that you couldn't park right next to the field as I have a lot of stuff to drag out there but the guys pitched in to help me carry everything so it wasn't too bad.

I've flown at many places more convenient for me but wouldn't work well for a group so combining the two needs makes it even more difficult. The hope is though that with the power of the group and the internet there will be people like Banks that generously offer up their fields for a great cause!

Cheers,
-Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by v9climber View Post
Paul,

Well I guess I need to talk to you about this DC Area Drone group, as Willowmere park is like 15 mins from my house. Can you link some info to the group. There are tons of places to fly down here that I have never had anyone bother me, and have found to be RF safe for our gear. Thanks for the monitor info.

John
pthompson24 is offline Find More Posts by pthompson24