View Single Post
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:09 PM
Find More Posts by kahloq
Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
Joined Dec 2005
7,821 Posts
Well...looks like the motors for the HK wont be here till this coming thursday or friday

So...in the meantime, I've started putting the small testbed tricopter turned EDF mule together.
This is a y-600-3 flying spider frame I got off Ebay for $30. Landing legs have spring load which is nice.

So...just like the big main project, this test mule will have two tilting front fan housings and the rear unit will also tilt....but via elevator instead of rudder input like the forward two.

This unit will be used to test how well I can control the aircraft actually tilting the two front fans opposite direction instead of using a yaw tilt setup on the rear fan unit and having the forward two static hard mounted.
My entire setup that will be used programming wise will be dione on this small scale version before even trying to test fly the big one when I get it done.

Just FYI, the rear fan unit has obviously not been installed yet. The two front ones are wemotec midifans with jetscreamer 1400's. The rear unit is also 70mm, but an off brand but quite similar and its got some no name motor in it. All fans run on 4s.....while the jetscreamers COULD be run on 5s, the rear motor would probably smoke pretty quick.

A couple pics....
kahloq is offline Find More Posts by kahloq