View Single Post
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:18 AM
Find More Posts by clipper
United States, CA, Lake Forest
Joined Sep 2005
156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach25 View Post
Hi All...been a fascinated with winged RC Rocket Boost Gliders for many years.Great to find this thread! Been out of the hobby for 10 yrs but I did build several HP versions of both the X-20 and upscale F14 when I frequented the Lucern Test Range in the day. BTW I used pretty much the same system for wing swing on F14 although I used a servo activated glide release mechanism attached to the metal rod right before the 90 degere bend. It was big and heavy and flew undepowered on a H-90. It glided(I say laughingly) for about 20 secs and came in very hot. 2nd flight I had the elevon limit switchs set and didn't have and elevator authority....smack! I rebuilt it and it sits collecting dust.

Great to see the X-20 flying. I tried to do this as well and it went unstable pretty quickly. The funniest thing was i was actually try to fly the dynasoar still attached to the Magnum booster. Memories :-)
Get your rocket gliders updated and come out to the launches at Luncern, second Saturaday of the month. You just missed ROCstock, one of the two big launches that ROC puts on each year.

Here is a video of one of my Rocket glider launches.
X-62 flight ROC32_0002.wmv (1 min 4 sec)
clipper is offline Find More Posts by clipper