View Single Post
Old Nov 11, 2012, 09:35 AM
Find More Posts by MrRCFlying
Joined Feb 2012
2,036 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Stone View Post
Hi Andrew,

I am pleased and excited to hear about your new products. The C module seems like a excellent expansion of the line.

A couple updates at my end:

First, I have been working to upgrade my FMS "Marie" Mustang. I installed a new motor and firewall. The new motor is capable of handling 1850 watts, although I will probably run it at a considerably lower watt draw. To assure that I don't lose a control surface during flight I cut off all the surfaces and reinstalled with hinge material. Used tape on the flaps, CA hinges on the ailerons, and pinned hinges on the rudder and elevator. I am ordering new retracts and expect to have the plane airworthy shortly after they arrive.

Second, the 125 amp ESC for the new power system on my P-47 arrived yesterday. So, this weekend I expect to replace it and reorganize the placement of the sound system speakers. The top 2 inch speaker will stay where it is but I will install some Depron baffles to better direct the sound and replace the plastic speaker grill with a metal one. The metal speaker grill will reduce the amount of material blocking sound from exiting as it has its own structural strength. The bottom 2 inch speaker will be moved closer to the bottom of the fuselage, just like I have on the P-51. It will also get a metal speaker grille. The other remaining repair on the P-47 is the landing gear mounts. This will involve bonding plywodd mounting brackets into the foam wing. The landing gear uses Hobby King 514 servoless retracts, some "P-47" alloy oleo struts from Hobby King, and 3 inch scale wheels. I believe my original vision for the P-47 will have been realized by the end of the weekend. Should have her remaidened by early next week.

Last is a new project. I am going to install a B unit module into a Multiplex Fun Cub that will get built over the next week or two. The Fun Cub will have sound, lights, strong (non-stock) landing gear and oodles of power. My idea is to have a plane that looks and sounds (Lycoming sound) somewhat like a real Cub would cruising through the sky, but can transform in an instant into a wildly aerobatic performer. With the time change I have gotten into a routine of flying at one of my clubs late in the afternoon through the sunset. It will be nice to have a plane that has both scale appeal and aerobatic potential with lights flying in the twilight.

Cheers,

Jackson
Jackson,
Glad to hear things are coming along! Looking forward to the Cub!

Andrew
MrRCFlying is offline Find More Posts by MrRCFlying
Site Sponsor