View Single Post
Old Nov 11, 2012, 08:37 AM
Find More Posts by chessgame
Joined Aug 2008
74 Posts
I dont understand. Why are we talking about efficiency ?
This plane is pure speed.

i just want to make it go faster.. i dont care about efficiency

ok ok..

if u want to fly 3s.. upsize the prop.. you are not using the recommended battery, so u need to upside the prop. try something closer to 9x6 and u will find a better balance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckleanth View Post
well I bought an sbach (supposed to have larger wing surface area so opted for that instead of the edge).
I run it on 3s nano 2200 because that's what I had handy at the time. balance was 55mm from leading edge of the wing and for the first time I didn't have to add any balancing weight. the a/c seemed heavy but I thought to give it a go....
its a flipping flying brick. landing gear is made out of 3mm wire and you guessed it
... its weak. prop is 7x5 if memory serves me right and with a 3s is ok. with a 4s it will probably operate at very low efficiency.
it fits on the back if my boot though and a carbon landing gear will go on her soon. I will look into a different prop and get this bird loose some weight. probably cut cavities at the wings and fit solarfilm or something. bottom line. if you expect this thing to be a floater think again. there is nothing to resemble an sbach here, just the looks. definitely not a 3d model, I wouldn't even call it performance model. flying brick is a more honest description, mind you its a good project to slim her down....
chessgame is offline Find More Posts by chessgame