View Single Post
Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:35 PM
Find More Posts by CrazyLittle
United States, OH, Brilliant
Joined Sep 2011
383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolladay View Post
But... the future looks pretty wide open right now, and I'm fully convinced that conservatives don't like loosing any more than liberals did back in 2004. If I was a betting man, I'd be putting money on the "voices of reason" in the republican party. They have never had a better chance to be heard than now, and someone has to sweep up the floor and clean the dirty dishes in the sink.
Who's going to give the "voices of reason" a soap box to speak from? Certainly not Karl Rove, not Fox News, not the Tea Party. Who's left that's loud enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolladay View Post
Here's the funny thing: I think a stronger conservative party, one based upon a more inclusive framework, and with less of a need to describe themselves as victims of the government, is better for America. I think it would also be better for us liberals as well (we've gotten lazy by playing pointy finger politics), but that's another point.
Absolutely agreed. I think a two party system of REAL parties working to make real compromises is necessary to keep the US moving forward. I just don't see that happening with the current leadership of the GOP today. There's already been grumbling about how they simply "weren't conservative enough." COME ON.
CrazyLittle is offline Find More Posts by CrazyLittle