View Single Post
Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:28 PM
Find More Posts by tolladay
fix-it-up chappie
Valley Village, CA
Joined Jan 2002
2,267 Posts
Yeah, well I think most of the adults in the room are aware that the wheels just came off Karl Rove's pretty little hate machine.

I'm not the least bit interested in where the conservatives have been. In fact, that's one of the reasons why I quit hanging around down here. Who needs Jon Stewart when LTUP is just as entertaining.

But... the future looks pretty wide open right now, and I'm fully convinced that conservatives don't like loosing any more than liberals did back in 2004. If I was a betting man, I'd be putting money on the "voices of reason" in the republican party. They have never had a better chance to be heard than now, and someone has to sweep up the floor and clean the dirty dishes in the sink.

Here's the funny thing: I think a stronger conservative party, one based upon a more inclusive framework, and with less of a need to describe themselves as victims of the government, is better for America. I think it would also be better for us liberals as well (we've gotten lazy by playing pointy finger politics), but that's another point.
tolladay is offline Find More Posts by tolladay