View Single Post
Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:00 PM
Find More Posts by retiredjb
United States, CA, Antioch
Joined Apr 2008
31 Posts
Careful!
Banana Hobby

The reason I’m writing this is I want to warn other modelers not to do any business with Banana Hobby.

I had purchased the Banana Hobby little Tiger Moth. The first time out I busted the landing gear, my fault. Following is a chronological order of the events. All events occurred in 2012:

Aug 2 - Requested a replacement landing gear for the Tiger Moth.
Aug 7 - Banana Hobby said MFG has not sent the replacement landing gear.
Aug 7 - I replied that I guess I have to wait for their MFG gets the sent to Banana Hobby. Mean while my plane sits on the shelf.
Aug 8 – Banana Hobby said to click on the alert button so when the landing gear becomes available I would notified.
Sept 6 – The Banana Hobby said doesn’t have any estimated date when the landing gear will be in stock.
Sept 13 – I was told to check back in 4 – 6 weeks for an availability date.
Oct 9 and 11 – They informed me they found one landing gear set and the customer service said she was holding it at her desk for me.
Oct 16 – Was asked to fill out an order and credit card form. I sent in the form with my credit card information.
Oct 23 – Banana Hobby sent me an e-mail saying the landing gear was sold to me and my credit card account was charged.
Nov 8 – Email send from Banana Hobby telling they can’t process the order because they are out of stock. This smells like rotten fish because I know they had the landing gear because in one of the e-mail a picture was included showing the landing gear.

I replied to that e-mail saying I didn’t understand how they could have the landing gear one minute and then they don’t. Banana Hobby is by far the worst company to deal with in the modeling field and I strongly recommend no one purchase any product from the company. I know that it’s the last time I do.

I have been reading on this forum where others have had problems with Banana Hobby. The sad thing is, their management doesn’t care because they figure there are other suckers out that will purchase their shoddy products.

I hope this helps to keep others from dealing with this shoddy company.
retiredjb is offline Find More Posts by retiredjb