Old Nov 10, 2012, 11:20 AM
Find More Posts by SkyPirate67
Break, fix, fly, break again
United States, PA, Royersford
Joined Apr 2012
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCplane View Post
In 7 of my planes I have an AR6210 (some have AR6200 the earlier model). I have flown around 500 to 1000 flights for nearly 5 years without ever any problem. the AR6210 has a satellite that I mount with the antenna 90 deg from the main receiver antenna. Great insurance that is well worth the price difference. If this is your first plane I recommend you fly a foam plane such as the T-28 Trojan or a foam high wing trainer for at least 6 months before you fly this plane. Both the Taylorcraft and the T-28 fly easily, but the T-28 can be repaired in about 1 hour or less. So I used the T-28 until I got to the point that I never crash. You can by the foam parts of a T-28 for around $100 and use the same electronics for the T-28 as for the Taylorcraft. So you can transfer the motor and electronics if you want.
Hi! I apprecaite the advice on the reciever! I have been flying for over a year. Started with a Super Cub. This is my first ARF and I am just learning the reciever differences...so many to look at and when I read up on one I think I would like, I see the "Does not work with DX6" and get nervous. I think they mean an actual DX6 and not my DX6i but not sure. lol
SkyPirate67 is offline Find More Posts by SkyPirate67