Old Nov 10, 2012, 11:17 AM
Find More Posts by Fredriksson
Just having fun
United States, KY, Hopkinsville
Joined Feb 2008
2,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyPirate67 View Post
Hello. I am trying to figure out which reciever I should get for the taylorcraft. I have a dx6i. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I was thinking an ar6100 or ar600? Just learning since this is my first arf.
Although the AR600 is a full range receiver, I still chose the AR6210 for my Taylorcraft. For me, the Taylorcraft is a "special" plane with it's gorgeous scale looks and higher ready to fly price using premium components. So a full range radio with a satellite DuaLink receiver, IMO, is the most reliable way to go. I use these on all of my "nice" planes. Maybe the extra reliability that I perceive with the satellite receiver system is only perceived, but I do have a very safe feeling when flying and have had absolutely no problems in hundreds and hundreds of flights with the AR6210 receiver. I do use the smaller radios in a few foam planes that I have.

I agree with GCplane that the E-Flite Taylorcraft 450 is not a good first plane. It is not because the build is too hard (it is not) or that the plane is hard to fly (it flys very well and is very stable) but because beginner flyers will crash. A balsa plane can be much harder to repair after a crash. I flew foam planes for over a year before purchasing my first balsa plane. I love the looks of balsa planes but prefer the easy repairing of foam planes.

Freddy
Fredriksson is offline Find More Posts by Fredriksson