View Single Post
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:47 AM
Find More Posts by Eagle202
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxictoast View Post
and eagle's point was that you'll end up flushing the money down the toilet when it is craps out on your first flight, smashing everything to the ground. You'll get what you pay for, and if it is for a 30 second flight that ends in a plastic bin, its just a waste of money. It took me six months of gradually buying gear to get something that was usable. I then found that i needed more and more gear in the mix to build up a robust enough system to have the confidence in flying the way i wanted to. Rushing into it for instant gratification sake is going to result in a lousy experience. $.02
+1

I understand about tight budgets and wanting to save money. But when it comes to flying a 2 lb object over wilderness or even worse population I would rather have better than bargain basement hardware. It is a recipe for disaster or loss.

I learned that a long time ago when I purchased cheap tires for my car. To save a couple of hundred bucks I put myself and others in jeopardy by having a low grade tire blow out on the highway.

There comes a time to save money when buying and time to not go cheap. The decision is yours. I just wanted to caution someone not to expect a reliable FPV system for $100.
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
Last edited by Eagle202; Nov 10, 2012 at 10:54 AM.