View Single Post
Old Nov 09, 2012, 04:42 PM
Find More Posts by Spyro37
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
Since my 130X is running the HP08S motor, the added power makes the heli loads of fun but it comes with a price. It is going through tail gears, tail shafts and tail servos. I even installed the DS35 to see if it would last longer but that servo is good for FFF but not for all out. I think I may go back to stock all the way around to preserve the durability a bit.

Comparing the new V120 to the 130X is a trade-off IMO. The V120 is rock solid and durable. There are no tail vibrations and she is full 3D capable even with the 6axis. However, I do experience the unpredictable pitching up in aggressive FFF circuits with the KDBB blades. The 130X does what you tell it to do. FFF is flawless and is also full 3D capable. Its just that darn tail resonance (even after spin balancing the blades) that increases the maintenance. I am going to CA the bearings into the plastic tail case and loctite them into the metal tail case to eliminate some of the vibrations.

In the end, I guess I like both helis for different reasons and have fun either way.
+1 on your pretty good review/comparison.
I agree that the 130X does what you tell it to do, similar to a larger 3D heli.
FFF is flawless and a great 3D heli. Very smooth flyer on sports flying.
I also have the HP08S with 11T pinion on one of my 130Xs. Lots of torque, but decided to go back to stock motor (maybe install it again later ?)
Depending on how much vibration there is, the 2 flanged tail bearings requires replacement after so many flights. One of my 130Xs has the metal (Microheli) tail upgrade while the other is all stock except for the extended CF tail boom support.
In most cases (I fly 4times in a week), I go home with no broken parts flying them both even after some crashes on grass field.
- Spyro
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
Last edited by Spyro37; Nov 09, 2012 at 06:26 PM.