View Single Post
Old Nov 09, 2012, 03:50 PM
Find More Posts by MCSGUY
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
3,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcalldaylong View Post
nice setup! on the gens ace 25c vs 60c...If I remember correctly I think everydayflyer's test echoed the same thing.

it's also interesting to see how well the nanos held up though.

I recently bought a couple of Haiyins and they do hold up fairly well....
it looks like the Haiyins are right up there and even a tad ahead of the comparable 25C gens ace.
I was surprised by the nano also, especially where the output actually increased at the 20 second read when the battery warmed up to optimum temperature. However the starting "punch" was lacking. For the first 10 seconds, where you really need the kick if you were climbing out it fell behind the leaders by a full 14A which is significant. It even fell behind a couple of the 25C's. I believe this battery is one of those that would really benefit from preheating (all batteries started at just under 70 degree shop temperature).

I was surprised enough at the Haiyins to buy a couple of the 40C's to test. I also picked up the Glacier that I've heard some about.

One thing I've seen in general is if your running 60-80 amps just about all batteries do the same. It then becomes a matter of how many cycles a battery will last rather then actual performance.
MCSGUY is offline Find More Posts by MCSGUY
Last edited by MCSGUY; Nov 09, 2012 at 04:03 PM.