Thread: Discussion The new blade msr x!
View Single Post
Old Nov 09, 2012, 09:36 AM
Find More Posts by JGuilty13
United States, MI, Royal Oak
Joined Nov 2005
1,446 Posts
Helicopter newbie in need of your advice:

Ive been into prop planes and EDFs for the past 8 years or so. If had a couple coxail helis in the past and have had no problems with them and I have been putting in a lot of time on my RealFlight with the fixed pitch 4-channel helis and even the 6 chan models. Im able to do moderate stunts and tricks pretty easily so I figured getting this Msrx wouldn't be too much of an issue.

First I need to say that I just bought this used off of a member on this site. It came well packed and I didn't notice any damage or broken parts when it arrived. I had a few charged 160mah batteries so I immediately bound it to my DX7s. Its definitely a lot "twitchier" than I expected, but not too bad. I have no problem with the hover, forward flight or side to side, but the second I go to use the tail rotor, the model wants to zoom backwards and to the right...

It will hover fine, but once i attempt a simple spin during a hover, it goes out of control. Ive owned a few of the AS3X planes and I know you can hear the gryos working while you are holding the model....is this supposed to make the same sounds? Cause mine doesn't make any correcting sounds. I set the model type to Heli on my DX7s, what other settings should I try? I understand that it is normal for these to hover at a tilted angle...any way of fixing that other than adding weight to a skid?

Sorry for all of the questions guys, Im just out of my element with this one. Im thinking of buying a normal MSR for comparison purposes....any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Jordan
JGuilty13 is offline Find More Posts by JGuilty13