View Single Post
Old Nov 09, 2012, 08:29 AM
acesimmer is offline
Find More Posts by acesimmer
Registered User
acesimmer's Avatar
United States, NV, Fernley
Joined Oct 2011
2,427 Posts
I began by stripping down the entire model of servos, plastic brackets. In fact, anything that was not foam. After doing this to my red version and finding a bowed fuselage from a prior crash. My friend gave me a brand new one that I had sold him several months ago. So now you see a grey T-28 being abused. After the strip I wet sanded the entire model to level and clean off any residue that decals and sloppy manufacturing had left.

You may notice that I have chopped an inch or two off the nose. This is to allow me to install a solid ply firewall in the final model that will accommodate just about any motor unlike the foam one which mounts are engineered for the factory 500KV version. This would also allow for a nitro motor if desired.

The rear stab was also removed. I was going to use a two part stab with a spar tube then decided to mold the stab in one unit and have hidden internal control surfaces. I also have to be very concerned with weight on this conversion.

I also made the decision to have the option of a scale working cockpit. So I used the front portion of the canopy and attached to the fuse permanently. This was then filled with two part expanding foam to make it rigid. The biggest part of all this conversion is to imagineer the finished fuse while deciding what goes here and their so you can place equipment or scale working bits like sliding canopies and such.
acesimmer is offline Find More Posts by acesimmer
Reply With Quote