Thread: Discussion ME262 nightfighter conversion
View Single Post
Old Nov 09, 2012, 05:32 AM
Find More Posts by wingnutzster
Caravan driver
Lanseria airport South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
422 Posts
HI stacker...love your work man. I was reading through your b-24 thread when I was redirected to your brilliant B1 thread (I have always wanted to do a B1 and would likely employ similar techniques to you - although I am years behind you in terms of practice and skills) ...and that's when I saw your ME262 Nightfighter and had to say hi.

I am an avid ME262 fanatic and the Nightfighter has always been the most beautiful and menacing of the variants. I have several ebook and pdfs and tons of images of the Me and it's history and development (which I am happy to share) but most fortunate of all is that I live up the road from what I beleive is the world's only surviving nightfighter in the Military museuam at saxonwold South Africa.

I am sure you are aware of this bird but thought I would visit her again soon for some walkaround shots for a scratch 262 I am planning for later this month. Here's some pics found online.When I first saw the GWS Me my immediate thought was "I have to make her a nightfighter" I am so glad somone else had the same idea and pulled it off so well, however, as nice as the GWS bird is I think I want something one scale bigger and a little truer to scale profile.....especially the nacelles.

Love your work man!!
wingnutzster is offline Find More Posts by wingnutzster