Find More Posts by henkster
United States, NV, Verdi-Mogul
Joined Mar 2012
19 Posts
There are 3 things that most customers want in this market:
Cheap price
Great support
Great quality

The reality is that you can only have 2. If you want great support and quality then it'll cost you. If you want a cheap price and a quality product then you're in luck if you don't need tech support. If you need quality and support then it won't be cheap.

HK offers superb value for money on quality items, but at the expense of support. I think it's been said several times, but I'll say it again... if you're looking for support then HK isn't for you. No matter how much you whine about it this won't change.

If you need support then pop down to your LHS and suck up prices between 400 and 1000% for equivilent parts.

Frankly their prices are so low that there's usually no point in replacement bearings/shafts as a new motor is usually cheaper than most other vendors parts!

It's all down to business model. I'll stick with HK for most of my stuff as they're amazing value for money. Sure, they mess up - this week I had a HORRIBLE live chat experience that left me livid, but after a quick twitter post, facebook post, and an email to support I had their attention and they fixed everything promptly and to an extent when my expectations were exceeded considerably.

I accept that they're not perfect, but they're hella cheap, and that's the concession that I accept. If you can accept this then shop elsewhere, I don't think it could be more simple!
henkster is offline Find More Posts by henkster