View Single Post
Old Nov 09, 2012, 02:41 AM
Find More Posts by edk83
United Kingdom, Belper
Joined Jan 2011
562 Posts
Lol it broke all the props, an arm, one esc tore off (you can see it in the vid) and smashed the casing off the rx. Still waiting for another esc to arrive before I can fly again. Smashed 3 panes on the greenhouse and put a good dent in the framework! Luckily my neighbour thought it was quite funny and the greenhouse got fixed. Now wondering how much of a good idea flying from my back garden is, even though I'm always directly over fields.

I only have a standard KK board so its all manual. I'm getting the hang of flips and rolls although its eating through my spare parts quite quickly! Cameras are just a cheap Y3000 and hobbyking wingcam 1. I'm looking at FPV stuff but havn't taken the plunge yet.

I really don't know what caused the quad to almost flip in the greenhouse crash, it was quite high and it was quite gusty that evening. I think it must have been a gust too much for the gyros to cope with. I was throttling down at the time to try and loose some height. I saw it coming down but hit the elevator the wrong way at the last second as I didn't see that it was blown almost inverted. It came down really fast with almost no control input and I just wasn't quick enough!
edk83 is offline Find More Posts by edk83
Last edited by edk83; Nov 09, 2012 at 03:48 AM.