Old Nov 08, 2012, 08:03 AM
Find More Posts by Daedalus66
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
18,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
The original Flysky 9X design was good, and the other rebranders, iMax, Eurgle, etc. keep it as it was. Only Turnigy had that crazy idea of that umbilical cable to hardwire the module to the radio, without any reason, antenna on back works very well.
And no, embedded antenna is not a good idea, maybe for park fliers. But is off-topic here to start some antenna basics.
I had been wondering whether anyone had done any tests to determine whether there was any significant difference in performance among the various antenna arrangements: out the top of the transmitter, on the back pointing up (or at 45 degrees), or on the back pointing sideways or even down. Also, does the metal handle get in the way?

My preferred arrangement is that used by the newer Spektrum modules, which provide full interchangeability but raise the antenna above the top of the transmitter and handle. But maybe it doesn't really matter. I just know that I haven't seen any practical difference among the arrangements I've used (most of the above).
Daedalus66 is offline Find More Posts by Daedalus66