View Single Post
Old Nov 08, 2012, 07:31 AM
Find More Posts by yamar6
Joined Aug 2005
669 Posts
I had the VXL rustler i bought this truck to do a review on it then sell it because i got such a great deal.But every little thing i do to it the truck is getting better and i did not put that much in to it so im going to keep it.Only thing that coast me the most was the turn buckles i had the spure gear and the brushless system.Like i said i paid under 80 dollars for it and to me it looks like they took some parts off traxxas but made it better.This is what i came up with if you want the rustler to be like the zd racing.

rustler truck
proline protrac kit
proline gearbox
The only thing i don't like about the zd racing gear box is it's all plastic but the motor plate does not flex because the back bumper goes over it. but the gear box is smaller and the dog bones sit straight when level.there are problems that i have with the zd racing but im emailing the company to see if they will up date like the nut for the servo saver comes loose while driving easy fix make the nut with a oring .Also zd is comeing out with tons of hop ups like a new racing chassis and tons of other parts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonggyooi View Post
like i said..just get the rustler...im happy with my vxl..nothing to upgrade except for rpm bumper..perhaps alu shock caps and caster blocks...
yamar6 is offline Find More Posts by yamar6