Thread: Discussion Rio 51
View Single Post
Old Nov 07, 2012, 10:32 PM
Find More Posts by Ron Olson
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
3,132 Posts
Well, he has done a lot of improvements on the boat, the Spektrum is a big upgrade from the stock Tactic (Futaba made) 2.4 system and dropping in the Zen and losing the Fuji are big improvements.
I don't know how much of an issue the parts like the flex cable is going to be seeing how the boat is now discontinued so parts are going to be hard to find. AquaCraft said years ago that they would carry parts for all of their boats for 5 years but finding them is a challenge as I didn't see them on Tower's site. A call to Tower might provide some answers.
Try seeing what his bottom dollar is going into the deal knowing these problems.

If you decide that you want to go with a prop saver in case something does happen like what did to AR then you can order some 1/4" collars from Zippkits. It's cheap to buy them 4 at a time then just one as he uses them for sponson boom collars on his outrigger kits.
Nah, it's too much work as I've kind of been there before. I worked for 4 years as a boating forums Mod on a competing site plus was offered to write for RCMB when they were still around. Working mostly 7 day weeks is hard enough plus trying to get in some boating time. Second shift sucks as it's hard to get out on the water during the week.
Ron Olson is offline Find More Posts by Ron Olson
RCG Plus Member