Old Nov 07, 2012, 03:22 PM
Find More Posts by shelterock
Fly, crash, rebuild.
United States, NY, Shelter Island
Joined May 2011
894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketscience View Post
I've been building mine up but I had to do a couple separate orders.

Maybe a parts list?

I didn't realize you had to order the accessory kits for each motor - I should have known. Even though I ordered them I think I will mount the motors from the bottom and use 3mm prop adapters.

I am paused trying to figure out a good way to mount just a few lights for orientation when I fly indoors in our local golf dome. Other than that I'm pretty much ready to put it together.

So far it feels quality.. I'm wondering if one can replace all the links and balls with trex 500 ones. I suppose so long as the screws are 3mm?
The Leds I have are from Hobbypartz and are 12V leds I run of the Balance plug on my 3S packs. I have a flytron Strobon that runs off the receiver on channel 6 as a tail strobe that helps a lot with orientation.
As far as mounting the motors from underneath, that may be a better solution facing the prospect of a crash. The twisting forces on the micro/mini servo is too great and strips the gears. lower motor may work in your favor, 3.17mm motor shafts on NTM 28 series motors not 3mm.
H
H
shelterock is offline Find More Posts by shelterock