Old Nov 06, 2012, 03:22 PM
Find More Posts by turboparker
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jul 2009
14,015 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by knifeedge63 View Post
give me a list of the best "uprgrade" lipos please... im not sure which are the best for this plane... ie size/weight/cost.... which lipos wioll give me the best performance?
RCBabbel's lightweight TP 325 mAh 65c UMX packs provide the highest thrust-to-weight of any plug & play pack that will fit the battery compartment & still allow one to obtain an acceptable CG. They're also designed for 12c charging, and TP claims 600 cycles before they start to fade away. The new Hyperion 400 mAh 35c UMX pack is the second-best-performing plug & play pack. Hyperion packs are designed for 5c charging & they usually last for 300 cycles at 5c charge before they start to fade away. The Hyperion 240 mAh 25c UMX pack is a great choice for flying in tighter spots, and there is still plenty of power on tap for everything except hanging on the prop. The new Hyperion 500 mAh 35c UMX pack is an excellent choice for endurance flights. The Hyp 500 is also an excellent choice for flying in windy/turbulent conditions.

RCBabbel also sells lightweight versions of the popular Hyperion UMX packs. They're great for those who want an extra edge in overall flight-performance with the least increase in weight.

I get my factory Hyp packs from All e RC, and I either make my own lightweight packs or buy them from RCBabbel. His workmanship is so excellent that I rarely bother to roll my own UMX packs anymore.

Miniaviation's UMX packs are a good choice for those who live in the UK. Many people also report good performance from the latest Turnigy Nano UMX packs.

See my blog for a number of UMX motor, prop & pack static RPM tests, comparison flight videos, and links.

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker