View Single Post
Old Nov 06, 2012, 12:44 PM
Find More Posts by valanti256
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNY_Dave View Post
Heh, they can't tell me specs on their own in-house brands, and can't tell me what prop adapter will fit, don't know the difference between a collet and a bolt-on adapter, and recc a 6mm collet for an 8mm shaft.

But, it's like going to the dollar store and complaining the socket set is not as strong as snap-on's...

I bought a plane with a turnigy motor on it, but I have to say I'll think long and hard about buying a turnigy motor new, not because of problems with the motor but because I have to tear it apart to figure out the bearing sizes, and I'll probably have to buy a hatfull of prop adapters to find one that fits.
I agree, HK should provide the basic information you are looking for, but they don't. I see products on their site that don't even list the most basic specs you need in order to determine if it meets your needs. It's often left up to the customer to hunt down this basic information. You see it all the time, customers asking in the product discussions, what's this or that dimension. Often conflicting specs are given and then you don't know what's right or wrong. It's a joke.
valanti256 is offline Find More Posts by valanti256
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)