Thread: New Product Dynams Waco YMF 5D
View Single Post
Old Nov 06, 2012, 11:14 AM
Find More Posts by Norm62
United States, SC, Greenville
Joined Jun 2011
256 Posts
Cooling Update

I've been growing more concerned about the motor temps after just half throttle flights being too hot to touch. I had already cut out the spaces between the engine cylinders on the lower cowl to get more air to the esc channel and it worked great, so I decided to finish the job. I just used a black marker to "paint" the firewall and it looks fine. I had 6 flights on the Waco yesterday and am happy to report that the motor comes down waaaaaaaaay cooler (just slightly warm). The cooler temps should extend the motor's life considerably. Well worth the small effort! I know many folks do this on their planes, but for anyone who's wondering what I'm talking about, see the attached pics. Make sure that when you're trimming near the center that you take it all the way down to the center ring. If not, you leave a small lip that almost hits the firewall and restricts the flow to the sides of the motor's can (best I can describe it). Not sure if it was just my imagination, but it seemed to have more power. Really enjoying flying it.

Norm
Norm62 is offline Find More Posts by Norm62