View Single Post
Old Nov 06, 2012, 03:36 AM
Find More Posts by midnightsabotage
United States, MN, St Paul
Joined Jan 2011
268 Posts
Hobbyking has allowed me to enjoy the hobby and get into it all at such a rapid rate, it's wonderful.
If I had to save for everything and was only able to buy better quality and USA brand products, I'd have very few planes. With hobbyking, I've been able to have a lot more fun. I crash. When I crash a $100 PNP model, or one with cheap equipment in it (due to pilot error) - I just put another one in the air and laugh it off. (I fix that cheap PNP model later, too of course. Or put the electronics in a scratchbuild later on!) I've got my nicer models too, but you better believe I warm up with my cheap hobbyking stuff to build my confidence first!

Hobbyking is phenomenal for scratchbuilding too. It's all about fun guys, and hobbyking pretty much always equals a lot more fun per dollar for me.

Yep, there are some issues with customer service and quality. But if you do your research before buying and don't expect everything to be perfect or last forever, you'll be a very happy camper.

Sure, you get what you pay for. But that doesn't mean that you can't still have a blast with it.
-Jeff
midnightsabotage is offline Find More Posts by midnightsabotage