View Single Post
Old Nov 05, 2012, 09:58 PM
Find More Posts by C6Silver
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2011
369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
What I meant by serious issues were big issues rather than issues that are necessarily dangerous. I would go as far as to say that no Walkera CPs of whatever size were acceptable in terms of quality. It is just that the consequences are greater with a bigger heli. I an others who have owned a 4F200 had parts that flew off all the time in flight. I bought mine from a shop that offered free lifetime repairs, but even that heli proved to complicated for them to fix well. The problems with Walkera servos scale up with the size of the heli.

I am really against large RTF helis for the reason that they are put together by factory workers who are doing monotonous jobs and have no interest in the hobby.
Certainly understand but I wanted to comment on the seriousness of the issues and the mention in your post of injury. No doubt what you said is true, but I have heard of parts blowing off of other helicopters from better brands. I've put a lot of time into my V400 but have never seen parts fly off. I have experienced, on the first flight, the criminality of the OEM servos. I have experienced time and time again the buttery metals and poor placement of screws. I will continue to not recommend it, as you are, but I have gotten and continue to get a lot out of it.
C6Silver is offline Find More Posts by C6Silver