Thread: New Product The Multiplex EasyStar II ...
View Single Post
Old Nov 05, 2012, 04:44 PM
Find More Posts by Jono87
Joined Sep 2012
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_o View Post
Jono,

I have used my ES ll for FPV with absolutely no power problems. It's even "suffering" from a smaller, less powerful motor than the MPX recommendation ( I run a $6, 2826mm, 1000kv outrunner instead of the recommended 2830mm ditto). And I still get very good climb rate of that motor on the stock folding prop.

The video camera and Tx doesn't add much weight, perhaps 60gr, and with a little luck (or filtering) you can run it off the main battery. Or get a tiny 370mAh 3S from HK to separate things. Biggest issue will be increased drag if you are not careful with the video cam position.

Unless, of course, if you plan on filling the plane with OSD, GPS, Autopilot etc, but it sounds as if you're not quite there yet
Thanks mike, il give it a go on the standard power set for now then. I am certainly a long way away from getting technical as i have not yet ventured further than the standard 2.4ghz r/c with a video recorder strapped to the front of the plane

no doubt i will progress there eventually but right now the idea of spending loads of money, throwing it up in the air and flying it away from me is a disaster waiting to happen.

Does anyone know what the standard brushless motor is for the EZ*2 RR? Kv wise? it doesnt seem to say anywhere :/
Jono87 is offline Find More Posts by Jono87