Thread: Help! Globe Swift
View Single Post
Old Nov 05, 2012, 02:31 PM
Find More Posts by F3A-hole
United States, CO, Todd Creek
Joined May 2005
18 Posts
Hi Guys,
Looks like many of you are well into your Swift builds. I noticed in Barry's posts that there may be a few tweaks that need to be made for some of the parts. If you find anything, please let me know and I will correct the plans and add an addendum. I never found anything from my father that described any changes to the original drawings, so I'm relying on you guys
I have had several of you ask me about offering a "speed" cowl version. Well after seeing Glenn's subject Swift above, I guess I should start making a plug. If I'm going to do that then I guess I should look at making a sliding canopy mold as well and vacuform some canopies. I don't have any info on dimension or shapes for these (cowl & canopy) and, in the absence of anything, would probably just go off of some detailed pictures. If anybody has anything then that I could use then send it along.
I'm really excited at the level of interest in the Swift and hopefully can build on all of your enthusiasm to offer more... and maybe even build one for myself
No promises on when I can get to the speed cowl and canopy, but with the weather turning colder here in Colorado, I should have more time to spend in the shop. -Erik
F3A-hole is offline Find More Posts by F3A-hole