View Single Post
Old Nov 05, 2012, 01:55 PM
Find More Posts by e_gadgetgeek
United States, OH, Troy
Joined Jun 2004
259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by w4yn View Post
Be sure and do a full throttle run up. Like you I tried a few partial runs in shop and blew parts every where, must clean shop some milenium!
Took it to field (30 miles out) and checked on bench, again partial run up.
Taxied down run way and all looked good until I gave it 1/2 - 3/4 throttle. Motor started surging so I killed it before lift off. Verified this was happening with any current draw over 10 amps. ESC is DOA here, at least not usable as is. I tried all the timing settings, no change. My ESC had the only a toroid in throttle lead wires No amplifier or other device.
Changed out ESC (different brand) and all seems happy now. I have same ESC in Dynams Pitts with no issues in 20 flights, this one has no toroid or circuit board in any of the leads.

Tim
I
I plan to stake it down in the yard at home and run through a bunch of test before actually letting it fly. I will go through the motions as if it were in the air with throttle ups and downs and work the control surfaces. I bought a BEC for it but wanted to see how the built-in one worked before installing it. Will be doing this tonight since it is nice weather.

Steve
e_gadgetgeek is offline Find More Posts by e_gadgetgeek