View Single Post
Old Nov 05, 2012, 01:46 PM
Find More Posts by w4yn
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jan 2007
1,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_gadgetgeek View Post
Yes, mine was on the throttle also. It sounds like it is there to help with some of the issues people were having with the ESC not recognizing the throttle being in the down position and people having to run the trim all the way down. I put my receiver in with it in place and everything fired up fine. I still need to do some full throttle tests. I did an initial for only a few seconds. I had to hurry up and shut it down and start a campaign to keep my plane and I from being destroyed. I didn't realize how much thrust it would put out since this is my first plane of this size. I had it on the kitchen table and the wife was working on paperwork across the room. It didn't take long for her papers to start flying around. Next test will be outside.

Steve
Be sure and do a full throttle run up. Like you I tried a few partial runs in shop and blew parts every where, must clean shop some milenium!
Took it to field (30 miles out) and checked on bench, again partial run up.
Taxied down run way and all looked good until I gave it 1/2 - 3/4 throttle. Motor started surging so I killed it before lift off. Verified this was happening with any current draw over 10 amps. ESC is DOA here, at least not usable as is. I tried all the timing settings, no change. My ESC had the only a toroid in throttle lead wires No amplifier or other device.
Changed out ESC (different brand) and all seems happy now. I have same ESC in Dynams Pitts with no issues in 20 flights, this one has no toroid or circuit board in any of the leads.

Tim
I
w4yn is offline Find More Posts by w4yn