Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:16 AM
Find More Posts by Wilfor
RC Adddict
Canada, BC, Williams Lake
Joined Jan 2010
4,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickochet View Post
I have three tubes of the original Foam Tac and a partial left. The instructions on the card say to "put Foam Tac on both pieces and allow to air dry for 10 -20 minutes then join together." I ended up with a misaligned fuselage because their was no adjustment time and the parts stuck immediately and would not pull apart. I posted this a page or two back and got a reply that you don't need to let it set 10 - 20. Then why is it in the instructions on the card? That question was not answered. I like Foam Tac and will follow the revised instructions. It just would have nice to have had better instructions from the start. I am guessing that the first batch sold to Radical RC that has the new formula but on the old purple card still has the 10 - 20 minute instructions also.
Almost every glue i use has different ways to be used and most are not whats printed on the bottle . I use elmers Rubber cement like the foam tac instruction you posted . Sometimes i put GG in a container with water and let it foam before applying . It can be hard to write all the ways to use something on a little package . Experimenting with scraps is something we should all learn and remember to do .
Wilfor is offline Find More Posts by Wilfor