View Single Post
Old Nov 05, 2012, 01:28 AM
Find More Posts by seanheadrick
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Nov 2012
16 Posts
Yes its a vacuum formed frame. I am finalizing a couple details in the prototype and forms but I assure you they will be available mid November in time for Christmas. I went ahead and started a build log that should be linked at the bottom of this post. It should give a bit more info about the design. I plan to have the build log complete in a few days so you can see what's involved with assembling one of these. I plan on them coming in at around $135. That would include an assembled frame with removable ESC enclosures for changing out the motors or adjusting rotation. A couple 24x18 construction docs packed with useful info. The HK distribution board which has been designed into the lower hull of the aircraft. It is 555mm from prop to prop and still comes in at about 395 grams. I can't recall if that is with or without the distribution board. I believe it was just the shell. I also did a set of vinyl cut decals to label your motors and add a bit of "flair". The aesthetic component to these frames were only second to there functionality. I am really looking forward to getting these out there.i attached a xray view so you can take a look inside. And note the method for securing the FC.This should accomidate any style board setup and i plan on having a adapter board for mounting enclosed FC's like the Naza.Here is a video
seanheadrick is offline Find More Posts by seanheadrick