Old Nov 04, 2012, 10:52 AM
Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post
that HM-V120D06-Z-09 tail motor, is that a direct fit? or is it 7mm? If its 7mm then where did you buy your mount? Do you use the stock minicp tail prop with that motor? Do you have to enlarge the hole on the prop or is it press fit?

Any idea of how much the HM-V120D06-Z-09 weighs compared to the mini's stock tail motor? I am very intrigued, please tell me more!!! I dont like the idea of adding an extra esc for a brushless tail. Plus that is extra weight too.
Bought this MCP used from indoorheli & the tail motor mount I believe is for the Blade MCPX. But the tail mount was still to small & I used a round file but in the process of filing & checking fit the tail mount split. It went in then so I just hot glued it. I also had to reverse polarity of the tail motor wires for it to spin counter clock wise & it's 7mm. I did use the stock tail prop & one spin thru with a size 60/.040 drill bit fit perfect. Don't know the weight but it's the same length & 1mm larger. Bought this to learn & bang around practicing flips & inverted hovering. After putting this tail motor on it has been a blast. I did some of my tightest flips ever & invert hovering & flip back to up right ever. It so cool to have a mini with out worrying about the tail not staying locked in. Once I get more confident my 3 V120D02's 3 axis will be put thru the enjoyment of more than just normal flying. Below are 3 pics of my MCP.
Crash Survivor is offline Find More Posts by Crash Survivor