View Single Post
Old Nov 03, 2012, 09:26 PM
Find More Posts by Jim Lee
AMA # 75962
United States, WA, Port Orchard
Joined Apr 2007
1,110 Posts
dwtriac23,

I plan to do the same mods on the S33 as I have on the S033G, I will add weight to the nose, I epoxy 14g of lead in the nose and if it's too much weight I drill some out until I get the balance I want. I mod the battery holder,and connector, So I can use a larger battery (2s 20c 7.4v 1800mAh). I use the lower blade set off of the appropriate colored S107 and cut them to 7cm and glue them to the orginal tail rotor. I also take the screws out of the landing skid and use some small zip ties to hold it on. That way when I crash it'll break the zip ties instead of the landing skid. Also, If I have a sideways drift, since this is a 3ch heli and I can't correct it like I can with my 4ch heli's, I try to correct the drift by wrapping solder around the landing skid, opposite the direction of the drift.

I really like the way my S033G flies, and If drambuidhe gets the DH9118 pcb change worked out, I plan to do the same to my S033G, That way I will have all of my 3ch Heli's on 2.4Ghz. He said he found a DH9118 pcb on e-bay, so I went on e-bay and found the store that is selling them and ordered one.

J
Jim Lee is offline Find More Posts by Jim Lee