Thread: Discussion Rctimer apm 2.5
View Single Post
Old Nov 03, 2012, 02:40 PM
Find More Posts by Jumpy07
Always learning..
United Kingdom
Joined Aug 2012
456 Posts
Managed to get my APM 2.5 talking to the LEA 6 today..

My LEA 6 GPS was supplied with a back to back cable with molex connectors on both ends,(ebay seller), so I cut one of the ends off and used it to connect the cable to my FTDI adapter so that I could configure the LEA 6 with U-Centre, this was required so that I could update the configuration of the LEA 6 with the 3DR configuration which optimises the GPS for use with the APM.

Before uploading the 3DR config I checked that the GPS was working ok, default baud is 9600 as supplied, .....all was well, I then download the 3DR config from here http://ardupilot-mega.googlecode.com.../3DR-Ublox.txt

To upload the text file to the GPS you can do this from the MENU.. as shown below

Load the 3DR text file you downloaded.... then click "File to GPS", you will get some errors, and eventually it will complete, then go back into U-Centre and make sure you save the config in the configuration view to EEPROM. The baud rate will now have been changed to 38400.

After this has been done, you will no longer see statistic on number of Sats etc, you will only see when your have a position fix...

Hope this helps someone...
Jumpy07 is online now Find More Posts by Jumpy07
Last edited by Jumpy07; Nov 15, 2012 at 07:49 AM.