View Single Post
Old Nov 03, 2012, 11:59 AM
Find More Posts by stonecutter
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvc View Post
I don't have a new version, but I have replace the weights in the old version with lighter syma s107 weights. I don't know their weight, so can't compare to the new version, not having one or a way to weigh them both. I get more flight time and quicker response. Almost too much for my liking, but I like a more realistic look in flight. I love it indoors on low and doube rate, but I'm not crazy about it outdoor in the wind in double rate, because the heli does a lot more bopping up and down and diving toward the ground. I'm getting better at finding that fine line for smoother flight though. Of course, another benefit is less canopy strikes. It also doesn't "lock" in flight as much. I've also tried less weight using screws and found it to be too lite, so I am curious what the difference in weight is between the new version and s107 weights.
I've asked Aaron of BG whether the ones they carry are the new smaller weight version or the old larger ones. He responded that they are out of stock at the moment but will find out when they get some in stock.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter