View Single Post
Old Nov 02, 2012, 09:13 PM
Find More Posts by orvel
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined Apr 2005
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros View Post
v8, The painting is done. All that's left is adding Callie decals once the paint is completely dry. This particular paint (A new brand of spray enamel I got at Home Depot since it was the only paint I found that was a dark navy blue) is taking forever to completely dry. Of course, it's not Summer here any more so the lack of warmth isn't helping but it's likely going to be another day or two before I feel comfortable applying the vinyl decals without too much paint sticking to the paper as I pull away.

I used my Sharpie metallic silver pen to color the rivet lines...Looks fantastic! Holy cow I was pleased with the initial results. FMS has these rivets raised in the mold so all I did was lightly circle the tops of the "bumps" and man-oh-man, that alone makes it look like a composite!

I'll take photos tomorrow or Sunday depending on weather and when I get the decals applied.

If THIS plane crashes from a non-pilot error I am going to throw up.
Aros can you be specific on the paint you got from Home Depot, brand, name, etc. Is it from a spray can? I'm usually concerned with those because they are petroleum based and attack the foam. Any info would be appreciated thanks!
orvel is offline Find More Posts by orvel